Our core training programs in Mind-Body Intelligence™ will offer the opportunity for professionals to improve their clinical competence, make possible the acquisition of new skills and knowledge, and address the specific CE needs of all attending professionals.
Through engaging in MBI™ training, participants will:
• experience and practice the application of cognitive and depth psychology techniques, integrated with mindfulness meditation, and become able to utilize those techniques in their clinical practice.
• be able to explain the differences between Mind-Body Intelligence™ (a psychologically oriented treatment program) and related, non-psychologically oriented programs.
• be able to demonstrate a basic understanding of patient spiritual issues, how they inform patient psycho-dynamics and the appropriate integration of these issues into clinical practice.
•be able to integrate family and systems theory into a comprehensive treatment plan for mind-body patients.
• be able to employ cognitive behavioral techniques in the context of the Mind-Body Intelligence™
Participants will also:
• be able to summarize the basic contributions of Buddhist psychology and related traditions and contrast these with “Western” psychology.
• be able to integrate the Mind-Body Intelligence™ orientation and its techniques with their existing knowledge and therapeutic skills.
• experience the use of this orientation and its techniques in developing a broader and deeper sense of their own person, and the increased ability to employ that knowledge in the service of helping their patients.
Our program will strengthen the habits of critical inquiry and balanced judgment.
• be able to demonstrate an understanding of the current research addressing both the efficacy and limitations of mind-body oriented treatment programs.
• demonstrate a basic understanding of the mind-body relationship and the medical and psychological conditions that have been helped by these techniques.